I found 3 of the BEST credit cards for travel & put them together to create an awesome TRIFECTA! Each one has unique rewards & benefits to make your next vacation a whole lot better (and more affordable). Click “Show More” to see Ad Disclosure, links, and additional information below.
📲 MAXREWARDS – Manage credit cards & rewards!
Get Gold level for free with PROMO CODE = markr
💳👉 VIEW CREDIT CARD OFFERS!
🛍 RAKUTEN – Earn Cash Back!
📊 GET FREE STOCKS FROM WEBULL
🏦 SOFI CHECKING & SAVINGS – Get $25 FREE (or more w/ direct deposit)
📊 GET FREE STOCKS FROM MOOMOO
🔐 AURA – Identity Theft Protection & More!
Get Your 2-Week Free Trial: https://markscreditcards.com/aura
🥇 CHANNEL MEMBERSHIP – VIP Perks!
To create my own Best MIXED Credit Card Trifecta, I had to meet certain criteria:
1. Each of the 3 travel credit card had to be from a different issuer.
2. None of the credit card rewards categories and benefits could have too much overlap.
3. All of the rewards had to give good value for travel.
4. The credit card annual fees had to be easily justified without too much hassle.
5. All of the credit cards had to provide long term value.
Here are the 3 credit cards I chose and a little bit into the ‘why’…
1. Capital One Venture X: This is an excellent premium travel credit card that can give you $750+ in value from the welcome offer in Year 1. It also has strong rewards categories (up to 10X miles!) for select travel purchases and also earns 2X miles at a minimum for all standard purchases. For the $395 annual fee, you’ll receive an annual $300 travel credit, a 10,000 mile anniversary bonus (worth $100+ towards travel via the Capital One Travel portal), airport lounge access (Capital One Lounges, Plaza Premium Lounges, and Priority Pass Lounges), elite status and/or discounts with partner rental car companies, and more!
2. American Express Gold Card: If you eat food and like to travel, this card can make a lot of sense to get. After earning 60,000 Amex Membership Rewards points (or more) in Year 1, you’ll continue earning 4X points on Groceries at U.S. Supermarkets (up to $25K/year) and 4X on Dining Worldwide (including takeout and delivery in the U.S.). Despite the $250 annual fee, it comes with an annual $120 dining credit and a $120 Uber Cash benefit to help offset it.
3. Citi Custom Cash Card: This card is unique in that it earns 5X points in YOUR Top Spend Category each billing cycle from a preset list of 10 categories (max. $500/month). So, you can strategically use this card to capture a high return on spend in a category you choose that’s not covered by the other two cards.
Furthermore, both the Amex Gold card and Capital One Venture X give you access to some excellent transfer partners, a number of which overlap so you can indirectly combine your rewards!
Of course, there are plenty of other credit card trifectas you can create for yourself (including the popular Amex Trifecta and Chase Trifecta). Some of you may want to make your own with the likes of the Amex Platinum Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, or others. As always, choose the cards that fit into your lifestyle and work with your spending habits.
Disclosure: This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available. Mark Reese is not a financial advisor.
#creditcards #americanexpress #capitalone