Are HOTEL credit cards BETTER than the Amex Gold Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred? You’re about to find out! Learn if hotel credit cards are worth it and if you should add them to your wallet. Click “Show More” to see Ad Disclosure, links, and additional information below.
💳👉VIEW CREDIT CARD OFFERS!
🛍 RAKUTEN – Earn Cash Back!
🏦 SOFI CHECKING & SAVINGS – Get $25 FREE (or more w/ direct deposit)
📲 MAXREWARDS – Manage credit cards & rewards!
Get Gold level for free with PROMO CODE = markr
🤑 GET FREE STOCKS FROM MOOMOO
📈 GET FREE STOCKS FROM WEBULL
🔐 AURA – Identity Theft Protection & More!
Get Your 2-Week Free Trial: https://markscreditcards.com/aura
🥇 CHANNEL MEMBERSHIP – VIP Perks!
When it comes to the best travel credit cards, there are MANY. From bank cards like the Amex Platinum Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve, to hotel credit cards like the Hilton Honors American Express and Marriott Bonvoy Boundless, to airline credit cards like the Delta credit cards and American Airlines credit cards, the choices are seemingly endless.
But where do hotel credit cards fit in as part of an overall credit card strategy? Are they even worth getting?
The answer may surprise you, as it’s both YES and NO depending on the situation.
In this video, I’ll explain when hotel credit cards are worth it and how to best use them. I’ll also compare them to some of the best travel credit cards from Chase, American Express, Citi, and Capital One. That way you can see which credit card rewards are best used for everyday spending vs. travel (i.e. when staying at hotels, per the focus of this video).
To put it simply…
Hotel credit cards are usually BAD for:
1. Earning rewards on everyday spend.
2. Saving rewards long term.
Hotel credit cards are usually GREAT for
1. Earning hotel points fast via welcome offers (i.e. signup bonuses).
2. Obtaining hotel elite status by default and via spending.
3. Paying for nights directly at hotels.
4. Free night award certificates!
Here are some of the best hotel credit cards available right now:
– Hilton Honors American Express Card (also called the Hilton Honors Card)
– Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card (Hilton Honors Surpass Card)
– Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (Hilton Aspire Card)
– Hilton Honors Business Card
– Marriott Bonvoy Bold credit card
– Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card
– Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful credit card
– Marriott Bonvoy Business Card
– Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card
– Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card
– IHG Rewards Traveler Credit Card
– IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card
– IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
– World of Hyatt Credit Card
– World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
– Wyndham Rewards Earner Card
– Wyndham Rewards Earner Plus Card
– Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Card
– Choice Privileges Mastercard (new version coming in Spring 2023, issued by Wells Fargo)
Disclosure: This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. The content in this video is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned may no longer be available. Mark Reese is not a financial advisor.
#creditcards #bestcreditcards #travel